Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes (6-7 small pancakes)
approximate calories: Serving size: 1 pancake Calories: 127 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Sugar: 7 g Sodium: 173 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2.4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Just made some of these tasty pancakes Saturday morning after a warm-up and 5 mile pace run. The smell of pumpkin spice filled Ben’s kitchen and living room making it feel like the holidays. It’s hard to get vegetables in for breakfast, especially if you prefer sweet over savory, but pumpkin puree is a delicious and nutritious way to get a serving.
This recipe is great because you can pour everything into one big bowl and just mix! Get your large skillet and plate for serving ready.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (if you don’t have some, mix cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove spices together)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour.
- Mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Let rest for 5 minutes to curdle.
- Then add coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices to the wet ingredients. Mix together! (add milk or flour to get a consistency that isn’t too runny or thick).
- Lightly coat skillet with oil or cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cups of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Flip pancakes when bubbles form. Cook for 1-3 minutes on the other side.
- Top with maple syrup, bananas, or peanut butter.
This would make a great Thanksgiving breakfast!